Friday 1 May 2020

God Has Got You On His Palms, Do Not Be Afraid



I so much love this particular Bible verse that reminds me that God has got us inscribed on His palms! “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me!” (Isaiah 49:16). It is a verse that causes me to smile as well as make me to ponder on the Greatness of God! God is a God that is well able and has the capacity and authority to do all things! With Him nothing is ever impossible! Can you imagine? He has got YOU inscribed on His hands! Isn’t it so reassuring to know that God has got the whole world in His hands! So then, why are we afraid?

We live in a world that is so unsettled, with so many things going on around us causing us to be fearful, to lose focus and even sometimes doubt if ever there is GOD! In times like this, I encourage you - do not to BE AFRAID! Do not allow fear to get hold of you. You see, fear is a destructive element! The moment you allow fear to set in, you give the devil an avenue to get hold of you You bring into your lives confusion, anxiety and an inability to enjoy your life to the FULLEST! Did you know that there are 365 places in the Bible that encourages us NOT TO BE AFRAID! So for each day, there is one that we can meditate on so that we don’t give in to FEAR.


Knowing that God has engraved me in His palm and that I do NOT have to be AFRAID, has really helped me to stay focused and not be afraid, especially during these difficult times of COVID 19. I constantly remind myself that ‘I and my family do not need to fear, that God has got our back.” Therefore, I start each day with a prayer, committing my family and loved ones in God’s hands and reminding God of His promises to watch over us as well as guide our steps. With the prayers said, I develop that confidence that the day will end well because I have asked God to come and take control of everything that I will be doing. Moreover, because one of my favourite sayings is ‘God has gone ahead!’ this gives me the confidence to start each day knowing that God has truly gone ahead of me, so I need NOT BE AFRAID!.

Just like Peter attempted walking on the sea but began to sink when he ‘saw the storm,’ we have got to consciously take our gaze and focus away from those things that steal our peace and joy and consciously focus more on ‘Jesus the author and finisher of our faith’(Hebrew 12:2).

At this point, I hereby encourage you once more with these words ‘GOD HAS GOT YOU ON HIS PALMS, BE NOT AFRAID!’


Prayer


Dear God, thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for the peace and joy we experience because we have you as our personal Lord and Saviour.

Lord, I know that in the midst of these troubled times we have found ourselves in, you are working behind the scenes to make all things beautiful in its time. 

Amen

Challenge


Why not send someone a text message or give them a call and tell them ‘Be NOT AFRAID, For GOD has engraved you in His hands!






Written by Blessing Okoli
Offering
Academic and pastoral support in Sixth Form

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentecost!

Our final post is a contribution from Bishop Paul. Many blessing on this Pentecost Sunday.